Thursday, January 31, 2008

Is Britney Spears filming a secret reality show?


As a celebrity gossip enthusiast, I take pride in knowing the latest happenings of celebrities (that and it helps me win in Trivial Pursuit… seriously, challenge me). With that being said, you would think I would be up to date on the happenings of Ms. Britney Spears, but it is near impossible to keep up!

If you manage to step away from your computer for a few hours, you are already behind on what is going on in the life of Britney, so I performed a test. In the past 2 days I haven’t read any Britney updates (partially because of this experiment and partially because I’m sick of hearing about her). Today I jumped back into reading Britney Spears’ news and it was like beginning to watch a TV show midway through the series.

There was a new character (who is Osama?), a new location (she is in the hospital again?), and the return of a supporting character (her mom). It seems every week a character is voted off (boyfriends, children, lawyers, etc.) and pretty soon she is going to be the last one standing, making her life appear to be a horrible reality show.

If she isn’t secretly filming a reality show, I certainly hope her outrageous behavior is happening to promote a new album (or even a perfume). Through her “craziness”, Britney has created a new form of PR. Forget promotional events or social networking, acting crazy seems to be a new promotional tactic.

1 comment:

Karen Miller Russell said...

Sadly, I think she really IS sick, and all this media attention can't make it any easier for her to get the help she seems to need. I don't get why people are so fascinated.